- Today we were at the park playing disc golf. There was a cool sherman tank there too. A few elders were on the course and this guy was following them. He talked to the set of elders and then punched Elder Sheen in the face. He did the same with another elder! We called the cops and they came down to see what was up. The guy was not all there. He was pretty buff too. Nobody was seriously injured, but thank goodness we were in a group. I don't know what could have happened if it was just one set of elders. He was carted away.
- Found out a few weeks ago that a lady in the ward who we have been giving sacrament to passed away. We were the last ones to give her the sacrament. Glad we could do that.
- We taught Eddie and Ricardo this week. Eddie is this pentecostal guy who is trying to become a pastor. Super humble. We taught him the restoration and he said that he feels the book of mormon is true. He has a strong testimony and loves talking with us.
- Ricardo we met last week. We taught him the restoration, went by on Thursday, read the book of mormon with him, then taught him yesterday afternoon. We talked about the plan of salvation, and he had many good questions! He was very interested in what we term "the spirit world." He is on chapter 11 of 1Nephi now! woop woop! He is very honest and very good with keeping appointments.
- During priesthood hour, I have been translating for Hispanics that don't know English. I did not want to translate at first, because it is hard, and I am not too good at it, but the thought came to my mind that God will magnify my abilities. So the last few weeks as I have been translating, it has been easy to me. Words just flow. It is a blessing.
- We had a lesson Wednesday with a lady, and we showed up with Brother Ramirez. She was not there, and we had only asked him to come to that one lesson in Spartanburg. He asked what else we had, so he drove us up to Cowpens like 10 miles away to go visit a less active. He is awesome. This member had a need and he made calls and got the ball rolling to help him right away!
|When I get a chance... I strap up!!!!|
|ZL bumper sticker. Elder Holmstead drew everyone in the zone. haha 😂 I'm 6th from left.|
Jesus is a Friend of Mine REMIX from Shayla McLaughlin on Vimeo.
Jesus is a Friend of Mine original. We do it better. from Shayla McLaughlin on Vimeo.
Cool Videos you can do with the iPad! from Shayla McLaughlin on Vimeo.